Today’s trick is about uninstall backtrack from your duel boot system. Here are some simple step that can be used to remove backtrack from your system .Yes you can’nt uninstall backtrack like other but you can remove it from window and bootloader.
BackTrack was a distribution based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution aimed at digital forensics and penetration testing use. It was named after backtracking, a search algorithm. In March 2013 the Offensive Security team later replaced it with a successor product, Kali Linux.
While backtrack removing from windows you may lose MBR so it is necessary that
you should have a bootable windows disk or bootable window setup in your usb drive .
Here are the steps how to create a bootable windows setup in usb.
Now here are the steps to remove backtrack from windows system
- Click on start button, right click on computer and then press on manage .
- Go to disk management, there will be either one or two unknown partitions of drive
Their will be two partitions if backtrack is using a separate swap area otherwise there will be only one partition.
They will appear as unknown because Linux use ext file system and for windows they are unknown.
- Delete these backtrack partitions
Please Note that while deleting these partition your boot table may also get deleted.
Now Restart your system if window boot normally, if so then no need to go further.
Else if there is only a command prompt grub rescue then proceed as guided further.
So make sure that you have bootable disk or have an bootable image in your usb drive.
- Boot your system with bootable window disk or bootable window usb disk.
- Now click on repair your computer
- Goto command prompt and execute the commands as shown after this image
- First command is to fix MBR And Second Is For Fix Boot
- Third Command is optional bootrec.exe /ScanOs, Don’nt worry if it return 0.
- Restart your system Try this and I will appreciate your feedback regarding this post.
Good Luck And Thanks for listening .
Have a nice day.